From: Logan McKenna <ljm9000@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] what isn't required to boot a system/what can be trimmed from a backup
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 04:29:34
1 I just use mkstage4.sh which can be found on the forums. Works great for me
2
3 On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 11:10 PM, forgottenwizard <
4 phrexianreaper@××××××××.com> wrote:
5
6 > I'm messing around with doing backups via rsync to an external hard
7 > drive, and I'm wanting to be able to strip out unneeded files from the
8 > backup (these will be archived by, probably, dar or tar later on), and
9 > was wondering if someone knew what I could strip out.
10 >
11 > Thanks.
12 >
13 > --