From: forgottenwizard <phrexianreaper@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] what isn't required to boot a system/what can be trimmed from a backup
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 06:25:28
1 On 23:29 Tue 11 Mar , Logan McKenna wrote:
2 > I just use mkstage4.sh which can be found on the forums. Works great for me
3 >
4 > On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 11:10 PM, forgottenwizard <
5 > phrexianreaper@××××××××.com> wrote:
6 >
7 > > I'm messing around with doing backups via rsync to an external hard
8 > > drive, and I'm wanting to be able to strip out unneeded files from the
9 > > backup (these will be archived by, probably, dar or tar later on), and
10 > > was wondering if someone knew what I could strip out.
11 > >
12 > > Thanks.
13 > >
14 > > --
15 > > gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list
19 I looked at mkstage4, but that isn't what I'm wanting. I never liked
20 that script too much (its a good tool, mind you, just not what I'm
21 wanting to use), and I'm wanting to do this via rsync instead of the
22 script.
25 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list