From: Christian Heim <christian.th.heim@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Adding realtime-prempt kernel patches to gentoo-sources
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 18:11:03
1 Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > QUESTIONS:
3 >
4 > 1) Can I assume that whatever happened with the "Hunk #x succeeded"
5 > that everything is OK? Maybe this was just a line number issue?
6 Yeah .. or and indent change or something similar.
9 > 2) What can I do about the "Hunk #x FAILED" messages?
10 Well to get that patch working, you *need* to take a look at the *.rej
11 files
12 which are created by patch -p1 < realtime-prempt.patch.
13
14 Most times this is only due to missing context. That means the line just
15 before
16 the one which should be added, is not there or another one is just in
17 the way.
18 So `patch` is unable to find the matching context.
19 >
20 > No output files were created since it was only a dry run. I can run
21 > again, get output files, and then look into it but I thought I'd ask
22 > how folks go about this sort of thing before I pulled the trigger.
23
24 Regards Christian
25 --
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list