From: Daniel Iliev <danny@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] date-specific cp/mv
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 04:48:42
1 maxim wexler wrote:
2 >> find has many options related to searching by time
3 >> (hours,
4 >> minutes, etc) and you can select by atime, ctime or
5 >> mtime. It's
6 >> all in the man page
9 > I can't get it to work. I used -ctime, -mtime, -mmin.
10 > The files were created on the 26th of this month using
11 > abcde. All the other files in the dir are at least two
12 > weeks old, so I gave it 72(hours) then 3(days) to grab
13 > everything in the last three days then 96 and 4 just
14 > to make sure. I gave it mmin with 4810(72*60 minutes)
15 > and 5760(90*60). Every time nothing happens; nothing
16 > is copied and no error message is generated. I gave it
17 > relative dirs and absolute dirs. I used -type f and
18 > -fstype <file-type>. Nothing.
19 >
20 > -mw
24 > __________________________________________________
25 > Do You Yahoo!?
26 > Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
27 > http://mail.yahoo.com
28 >
29 I believe the right syntax is:
30
31 find /path/dir -type f -ctime -3
32
33 This should mean "show all files created for the last 3 days".
34
35 Use "-3" not "3"
38 Best regards,
39 Daniel