From: Matt Harrison <iwasinnamuknow@×××××××××.com>
To: Michael Orlitzky <michael@××××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] disappearing mail
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2011 19:12:50
1 On Mon, Sep 05, 2011 at 02:45:18PM -0400, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
2 > On 09/05/2011 02:38 PM, Matt Harrison wrote:
3 > >>
4 > >> I got the test message; everything looks perfect, sorry =)
5 > >
6 > > Well thanks for trying Michael. Tomorrow I will call up one of the providers and ask
7 > > them to check through logs and see whats going on. I'm hoping they'll oblige.
8 > >
9 > > Many thanks
10 > >
11 > > Matt
12 >
13 > Sure thing. For BT, I was able to find this:
14 >
15 > http://business.forums.bt.com/t5/Email/Missing-emails-no-reply-from-support/td-p/27893
16 >
17 > You'll probably need to have the recipient contact them, but at least it
18 > looks like they *can* figure out what happened to a message if you call
19 > them between hours 24 and 72 after it disappeared.
22 Thanks again. Because BT Internet seem to have outsourced email to Yahoo, I was busy
23 following all the yahoo related email disappearances. I'll certainly give this a try
24 though.
25
26 Thanks
27