From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Another Install Issue
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 12:41:58
1 On Mon, October 17, 2011 12:35 am, Florian Philipp wrote:
2
3 <snipped>
6 > I agree that the problem should be solved but just in case Colleen wants
7 > to continue with his installation (I know, he is installing Gentoo for
8 > the first time so I doubt he values his time very high ;-) ), I suggest
9 > he either implements my proposal outlined above or adds similar code to
10 > /etc/conf.d/net:
11 >
12 > preup() {
13 > if [ "$IFACE" = eth0 ]; then
14 > ebegin "Reloading broadcom and tg3 modules"
15 > modprobe -r foo bar &&
16 > modprobe broadcom &&
17 > modprobe tg3
18 > ewend $? "Failed to reload modules"
19 > fi
20 > return 0
21 > }
22
23 For correctness, please change the 4th line above from:
24 " modprobe -r foo bar && "
25 to:
26 " modprobe -r broadcom tg3 && "
27
28 I somehow doubt there will be a module called "foo" or "bar" :)
31 Joost