From: Mark Kirkwood <markir@××××××××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] XFS FileSystem - Slow Writes
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 06:16:16
1 Ow Mun Heng wrote:
2 > Has anyone here, who uses XFS fs, experiencing slow filesystem writes?
3 > I'm seeing throughput of like 4-3MB/s instead of like previously
4 > 15-20MB/s.
5 > I have read that there was some thing about "barriers" and I've tried
6 > re-mounting the FS w/ "nobarriers" but the performance didn't improve.
7 >
8 > I've already fscked the fs w/ the latest xfsprogs (> 2.8.0) to no good
9 > effect.
10 >
11 > Anyone has any clue or suggestions? Else, I'm gonna go and change the FS
12 > back to EXT3.
13 >
14 > BTW: it's my /home which is XFS which houses GIGs of Mbox files as well
15 > as VMware images.
19 What is your kernel version? (could be important).
20
21 I'm using 2.7.11 on kernel 2.6.16, write performance is reasonably good
22 - 100 Mb/s on a 4 disk raid0 array (in fact I could probably do better
23 if the promise driver would let me run the disks at udma5 instead of
24 udma6....)
27 Cheers
28
29 Mark