From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] adobe-flash-11.2.202.228 + nvidia crashing
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 22:39:12
1 Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> [12-04-28 00:20]:
2 > On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 3:22 PM, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > > I don't remember reading about anyone else with this problem.
4 > > Hopefully I haven't missed the right thread.
5 > >
6 > > I run stable Gentoo + a few ~amd64 packages. My video adapter is an
7 > > NVidia 463 GTX. Since the update to adobe-flash-11.2.202.228 a few
8 > > weeks ago all Flash apps crash the plugin within Firefox. I posted a
9 > > bug report here and got shot down for reasons I don't understand. (I
10 > > understand what he said and why he said it, but I didn't understand
11 > > them just giving up without feedback back to Adobe, etc.)
12 > >
13 > > I'm wondering if anyone else has suffered through this to find a
14 > > solution. The nouveau suggestion isn't where I want to go with my
15 > > machines and I'm just not finding any solutions on the web yet.
16 > >
17 > > Anyway, there was at the time a newer (IIRC) or possibly slightly
18 > > older (IIDRC) Flash ebuild but it's been removed from portage. That
19 > > one worked for me. There is a newer version (11.2.202.233) listed on
20 > > the Adobe Flash site but I haven't found info on what it corrects.
21 > >
22 > > Thanks in advance for any ideas.
23 >
24 > Flash 11.2 added some new kind of hardware acceleration which
25 > apparently doesn't work properly for whatever reason. Disable HW
26 > acceleration in /etc/adobe/mms.cfg and cross your fingers... or
27 > downgrade to 11.1.
30 I did not find any tag in that file, which allows to disable hardeware
31 acceleration.
32
33 Or did I miss one?
34