From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] adobe-flash-11.2.202.228 + nvidia crashing
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 20:50:15
1 On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 3:22 PM, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I don't remember reading about anyone else with this problem.
3 > Hopefully I haven't missed the right thread.
4 >
5 > I run stable Gentoo + a few ~amd64 packages. My video adapter is an
6 > NVidia 463 GTX. Since the update to adobe-flash-11.2.202.228 a few
7 > weeks ago all Flash apps crash the plugin within Firefox. I posted a
8 > bug report here and got shot down for reasons I don't understand. (I
9 > understand what he said and why he said it, but I didn't understand
10 > them just giving up without feedback back to Adobe, etc.)
11 >
12 > I'm wondering if anyone else has suffered through this to find a
13 > solution. The nouveau suggestion isn't where I want to go with my
14 > machines and I'm just not finding any solutions on the web yet.
15 >
16 > Anyway, there was at the time a newer (IIRC) or possibly slightly
17 > older (IIDRC) Flash ebuild but it's been removed from portage. That
18 > one worked for me. There is a newer version (11.2.202.233) listed on
19 > the Adobe Flash site but I haven't found info on what it corrects.
20 >
21 > Thanks in advance for any ideas.
22
23 Flash 11.2 added some new kind of hardware acceleration which
24 apparently doesn't work properly for whatever reason. Disable HW
25 acceleration in /etc/adobe/mms.cfg and cross your fingers... or
26 downgrade to 11.1.