From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Linksys router BEFSR41 loosing internet
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 01:29:58
1 walt wrote:
2 > On 12/19/2010 12:11 PM, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> I noticed on the router that to completely reset it, you have to push
5 > > the reset button and hold it for 30 seconds or more. It said it even
6 > > resets the firmware. I have not tested this theory tho.
7 >
8 > Just to clarify: you've said in other posts that you've repeatedly reset
9 > the router. Did you hold the reset button for 30 seconds, or not?
10 >
11 > The only two routers I've actually used have the same 30-second
12 > requirement.
13 > I don't recall now if I ever pushed the reset button for less than 30
14 > sec.
15 >
16 > Forgive me if I don't try that experiment on this particular Sunday PM :)
19 I didn't push the reset button at all. Actually, I just unplugged it
20 and did a "normal" reset. According to the book, power off just makes
21 it redo the DHCP stuff. Pressing the reset button briefly I would think
22 would do the same thing but maybe a little faster. Pressing the reset
23 button and holding it for long time resets it back to factory defaults
24 including the firmware. I haven't did that.
25
26 I fell asleep again tho. The internet was still working when I got on
27 here this time. I bet that setting got changed in the modem during a
28 software upgrade and I didn't know it.
29
30 I do want to figure this all out tho. I want fireball to get a fixed IP
31 from the router and I want smoker to get a fixed IP from the router. I
32 think I know how to do that much. I'm going to go do some looking
33 around in the screens and see what I can do.
34
35 Dale
36