From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xorg-6.8 --> xorg-7.0 --> 6.8 --> 7.0 impossible?
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 19:50:56
1 Grant wrote:
2 > I had some trouble upgrading to xorg-x11-7.0 due to a mouse issue so I
3 > downgraded back to xorg-x11-6.8 via the -K emerge option. Now I'm
4 > trying to get back to 7.0 to test the fix and I can't seem to do it.
5 > After unmerging 6.8, 7.0 emerges just fine without or without the -K
6 > option. Trying to startxfce4 after that results in an xinit error and
7 > there are other "missing file" X errors before I get to the command
8 > line (I use gdm).
9 >
10 > Something must be out of order, but I don't know enough about xorg to
11 > determine what. 'emerge -avDuN world' doesn't come up with anything.
12 > Does this issue make sense to anyone or do I need to come up with some
13 > specific error messages?
14
15 Yeah, the problem is that you never uninstalled the modular packages
16 when you downgraded. The easiest way to proceed right now is `emerge -e
17 xorg-x11`.
18
19 Thanks,
20 Donnie