From: "A. Khattri" <ajai@××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mail in $HOME/.maildir, why ??? (cont.)
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 20:28:04
1 On Mon, 29 Aug 2005, Jarry wrote:
2
3 > Q: How can I prohibit users from changing mail-path in their
4 > $HOME/.procmailrc back to $HOME/.maildir? That way they could
5 > circumvent my /var userqouta settings (100MB) and use /home
6 > settings (5GB)...
7
8 Dont know if you can stop that.
9
10 > One more problem: I can not force "elm" to read it. If I start elm
11 > with option "-f /var/spool/mail/$LOGNAME", it complains that it is
12 > directory. When I try "elm -f /var/spool/mail/$LOGNAME/new", the same.
13 > It seems to me, that elm simply can not read "maildir" format at all.
14 > I tried another command-line mailer, "mail": the same problem...
15 > Which command-line mail-reader supports maildir format?
16
17 Hey, welcome to the 21st century (noone use elm and mail anymore ;-)
18
19 You probably need to setup an IMAP server and then configure Pine and/or
20 mutt to use IMAP (mutt actually supports maildir but some people might
21 want to use Pine instead). I would remove elm entirely.
22
23 > And last question: I have access to one Debian box (which uses mbox
24 > format). After logging there I get either message "No mail", or
25 > "You have new mail". But I do not get any similar message on my
26 > Gentoo box. Why? Can I somehow activate it?
27
28 Not with maildirs you dont.
34 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list