From: behrouz khosravi <bz.khosravi@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] USE flags handling
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2014 20:57:05
1 > Portage profiles set some default USE flags, then some ebuilds also set
2 > defaults. Using USE="-*" disables all of these. You can see the defaults
3 I have noticed that some packages have flags that I have not set, but
4 I though that they were the default flags for that package. You mean
5 those flags will become persistence? Will be them written to a
6 specific file?
7
8 > You will do that, but not in the way you hoped. Pick a profile that most
9 > closely matches your usage and then find tune from that by adding or
10 > removing USE flags. That's a lot easier than deliberately breaking things
11 > and then trying to work out how to fix them.
12
13 I guess your way is better. I think it will be a good idea to stick to
14 the base profile, and define the required flags as locale flags.