From: Alec Ten Harmsel <alec@××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [Extremely OT] Ansible/Puppet replacement
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 17:49:27
1 On 01/27/2015 11:33 AM, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On 27/01/2015 10:49, Tomas Mozes wrote:
3 >> I haven't tested it yet, however I like the minimalistic syntax.
4 >>
5 >> As an ansible user - do you plan to allow using default values for
6 >> modules and/or variables?
7 >
8 > +1 for that.
9 >
10 > I'm also a happy ansible user with zero plans to change, but I can't
11 > imagine a deployment tool without sane rational explicit defaults. A
12 > whole host of problems simply stop being problems if that feature is
13 > available.
16 I'm curious, what exactly do you mean about default values? Is there a
17 small example you can give me? The tutorial on Ansible's website is a
18 little confusing.
19
20 Alec