From: "Håkon Alstadheim" <hakon@×××××××××××××××.no>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] new installation - partitions
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2014 20:05:30
1 On 04. sep. 2014 16:52, Tom H wrote:
2 > On Thu, Sep 4, 2014 at 10:00 AM, Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
3 >> When booting from EFI you need a GPT boot partition (FAT - ugh) that
4 >> actually contains the image that gets booted, so it needs to have room
5 >> for at least a couple of kernels/initramfs - so that will be larger.
6 >
7 I'm working on getting a new motherboard, Will I still be able to have
8 my boot filesystem on a flash-stick? Currently I have everything except
9 /boot on LVM on top of Physical Volumes on unpartitioned raid volumes.
10 Having a single drive with an odd size makes swapping drives around when
11 they fail and drop out of the raid a hassle, and I do not want to waste
12 2G on every drive just to have a 2G boot partition. A flash stick (and
13 another one for backup) is very pleasant to work with. Especially when i
14 bork my initramfs or need to run maintenance without mounting my root
15 filesystem. Will this work on an EFI board ?