From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] tuxonice and suspend-to-ram
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2011 07:19:10
1 Am 02.02.2011 00:33, schrieb Neil Bothwick:
2 > On Tue, 1 Feb 2011 14:55:43 +0100, Gregory SACRE wrote:
3 >
4 >> tuxonice is mainly some wrapping scripts that makes the suspension
5 >> more feature full than the bare kernel provided but in the end, they
6 >> still use what the kernel provides.
7 >
8 > Tuxonice also includes kernel patches, so it isn't only using what the
9 > kernel provides. You can use the tuxonice scripts with a vanilla kernel,
10 > you just miss out on the extra features.
11
12 Sure. But what are the extras in S2R-context? What do I miss?
13
14 But: as long as I don't know, I don't miss ;-)
15 And as I don't miss anything, it seems sufficient for me ....
16
17 Most of the features listed on the project-site belongs to
18 suspend-to-disk, so I just give the plain kernel a try again.
19
20 Stefan