From: Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New mobo change
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 05:38:07
1 On Oct 15, 2013 10:51 AM, "Dale" <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > Howdy,
4 >
5 > I ordered the new mobo as much as I needed to wait. The mobo is the
6 > same brand but a different chipset and a couple other things are
7 > different. I have already built a kernel for those changes. I plan to
8 > put everything on the old mobo on the new mobo. That includes the CPU.
9 > I'm pretty sure this will not be needed but want to ask to be sure. Do
10 > I need to do a emerge -e world or should it "just work" like it is?
11 > Since the CPU is going to be the exact same CPU, I'm thinking it is not
12 > needed. I do have march=native set in make.conf.
13 >
14 > Thoughts? Thanks.
17 Personally, I think all you need to do is to ensure that the kernel has all
18 the drivers it needs to speak to the new mobo. Other members of the @world
19 set relies on the drivers in the kernel.
20
21 But I don't use any GUI or audio; if you're using a GUI and/or audio, you
22 might also have to re-emerge the relevant bits.
23
24 BSTS: just re-emerge @world :-)
25
26 Rgds,