From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] boot problems
Date: Sat, 03 May 2014 10:56:19
1 Am 03.05.2014 12:49, schrieb J. Roeleveld:
2
3 > Interesting.
4 > In your other email you mentioned you can access the LVM volumes using a
5 > rescue-cd.
6 > Are there any snapshots in there? Or did you do any recent changes to the LVs?
7 > I am wondering if there might be an issue with the metadata causing issues.
8 >
9 > Did you change any of the following packages recently:
10 > kernel
11 > lvm-utils
12 > (or any of the libs used by lvm)
13 >
14 > Did you try re-emerging lvm?
15
16 Sure. I spent the night doing this on a second box here ... same
17 problems ...
18
19 Kernel 3.14.2 lately ... but when I chose an older one from grub2 it
20 leads to the same waiting system.
21
22 to explain a bit more:
23
24 the desktop here boots from an SSD, no RAID or LVM for the main OS.
25
26 The VGs/LVs are on mdadm-mirrors and contain data only, nothing crucial
27 for booting.
28
29 Many moving parts: dracut, kernel, lvm2, mdadm(?), systemd ...
30
31 I worked with exactly this box around 10hrs ago and it booted fine then.
32 I will check genlop what I upgraded at night ...
33
34 Got to eat now and take a rest ... I "love" to fix issues on a saturday
35 :-P *sigh*
36
37 Thanks, Stefan