From: Andreas Claesson <andreas.claesson@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Slow mencoder after emerge?
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 19:52:33
1 On 7/8/05, cothrige <cothrige@×××××××××.net> wrote:
2 > * Rumen Yotov (rumen_yotov@×××.bg) wrote:
3 > >
4 > > Hi,
5 > > Maybe rebuilding "mplayer" through portage will have the same result.
6 > > Think you could have a look at 'revdep-rebuild' (man revdep-rebuild).
7 > > HTH. Rumen
10 > Nope. Didn't work. But, I did notice that when I run it I get a
11 > string of "... supported but disabled." statements at the
12 > beginning. MMX, SSE, MMX2 and so on. This causes me to wonder, is
13 > there a way to adjust the configure options in emerge? ...
14
15 Yes, USE-flags.
16
17 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?part=2&chap=2
18
19 To see which USE flags mplayer uses:
20
21 $ emerge -pv mplayer
22
23 enable them by adding them to the global USE in '/etc/make.conf'
24 or add a line to '/etc/portage/package.use'.
25 See the portage man pages for more information:
26
27 $ man portage
28
29 /Andreas