From: cothrige <cothrige@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Slow mencoder after emerge?
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 16:58:40
1 * Rumen Yotov (rumen_yotov@×××.bg) wrote:
2 >
3 > Hi,
4 > Maybe rebuilding "mplayer" through portage will have the same result.
5 > Think you could have a look at 'revdep-rebuild' (man revdep-rebuild).
6 > HTH. Rumen
9 Nope. Didn't work. But, I did notice that when I run it I get a
10 string of "... supported but disabled." statements at the
11 beginning. MMX, SSE, MMX2 and so on. This causes me to wonder, is
12 there a way to adjust the configure options in emerge? For instance,
13 even not considering the slowness, I don't use the gui and so do not
14 enable it when I configure it myself. I figured that emerge includes
15 it since most people seem to like it. Can I change these things? And
16 I like 256 colors enabled on xterm, rxvt and elinks. Can these be
17 switched on when emerging? Being new to this I am not sure about
18 these details.
19
20 Patrick
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list