From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] x11-misc/shared-mime-info update problem...
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2014 16:01:49
1 On Sun, 05 Jan 2014 15:24:49 +0100, Jarry wrote:
2
3 > > Did you not see this n the elog message from Perl?
4 > >
5 > > UPDATE THE PERL MODULES:
6 > > After updating dev-lang/perl you must reinstall
7 > > the installed perl modules.
8 > > Use: perl-cleaner --all
9 >
10 > Well, I tested it on another computer and the problem is
11 > perl and shared-mime-info are updated at the same update-run.
12 > So I can find this message *after* update of shared-mime-info
13 > already crashed. And I have to scroll way back to see any
14 > perl-related messages...
15
16 I never rely on seeing the messages in a termnal and always have elogs
17 mailed to me.
21 Neil Bothwick
22
23 The quickest way to a man's heart is through his sternum.