From: Jarry <mr.jarry@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] x11-misc/shared-mime-info update problem...
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2014 14:25:31
1 On 05-Jan-14 15:02, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Sun, 05 Jan 2014 14:06:31 +0100, Jarry wrote:
3 >
4 >> You are right and this fixed my problem. Thanks! I really updated
5 >> perl recently but I did not know I had to run perl-cleaner. Never
6 >> heard of it. Should not it be done automaticaly, always after new
7 >> perl version has been installed?
8 >
9 > Did ou not see this n the elog message from Perl?
10 >
11 > UPDATE THE PERL MODULES:
12 > After updating dev-lang/perl you must reinstall
13 > the installed perl modules.
14 > Use: perl-cleaner --all
15
16 Well, I tested it on another computer and the problem is
17 perl and shared-mime-info are updated at the same update-run.
18 So I can find this message *after* update of shared-mime-info
19 already crashed. And I have to scroll way back to see any
20 perl-related messages...
21
22 Jarry
27 This mailbox accepts e-mails only from selected mailing-lists!
28 Everything else is considered to be spam and therefore deleted.