From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Cannot find LILO
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2021 07:35:08
1 On Friday, 2 April 2021 17:29:25 BST konsolebox wrote:
2
3 > Your ARCH is set to i386 most likely. Maybe it's a CHOST configuration
4 > issue.
5
6 No, it isn't either of those. Nothing has changed between this kernel and
7 others. Oddly, 'make install' works if I chroot into this system from, e.g., a
8 rescue CD, just not natively.
9
10 I tried to install a new system, but some packages refuse to build so I've
11 restored the original system for now.
12
13 Still no idea what's wrong. Does anyone else suffer inexplicable things going
14 bump in the night at irregular intervals? My jaundiced eye is glaring at my
15 EFI BIOS, which I'm loath to tinker with.
18 Regards,
19 Peter.