From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: New Intel CPU flaws discovered
Date: Fri, 17 May 2019 07:53:59
1 On Friday, 17 May 2019 06:48:28 BST Adam Carter wrote:
2 > > > The classic one is where OPS haven't noticed that disks in a RAID array
3 > >
4 > > have died years ago...
5 > >
6 > > This really happened?
7 >
8 > Yeah. Spent huge money on NMSes but then didn't spend the relatively small
9 > amount on thorough integration to make it really worthwhile... It seems
10 > common to me that companies penny pinch too hard and shoot themselves in
11 > the foot. Probably due to perverse incentives and/or the inability to
12 > capture true value on a ledger. It requires leadership.
13
14 Yep, and not just to Adam. I had to ask support twice to check their array
15 because performance was degraded, but they preferred to blame (my) network for
16 it. So much for keeping an eye on monitoring kit for their storage.
19 Regards,
20 Mick