From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 1TB 2.5in drive recommendation
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2014 21:46:57
1 On Thursday 28 Aug 2014 21:45:10 Joseph wrote:
2 > I need to select 500GB or 1TB infernal 2.5in drive, any recommendation
3 > (reliability) of the brand. My current WD 320GB fail after 5-years.
4
5 Interesting ... mine also failed catastrophically a couple of months ago after
6 around 5 years of continuous use.
7
8 Which reminds me to run a backup on my Seagate:
9
10 Model Family: Seagate Momentus 7200.4
11 Device Model: ST9500420ASG
12
13 I'm not sure how much anecdotal reports on reliable drives actually hold
14 water, unless we're talking about an epidemic of failures like I seem to
15 recall Dell's Seagate drives experienced a few years ago.
18 Regards,
19 Mick