From: Stewart Taylor <stewarta.taylor@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] (Solved-ish)Twin monitor setup (Not strictly Gentoo I know)
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 11:38:17
1 Hi all.
2
3 I managed to get hold of some more AGP cards to try and I found the problem but
4 what causes it exactly is a mystery.
5
6 No matter what AGP card is fitted with the Viper v550 PCI card installed and I
7 tried a NVidia Geforce 3 and an ATI Rage 128 pro, the AGP card is always
8 detected as a NVidia Riva 128, which by the way has never been near this system.
9 Remove the Viper and the card is detected correctly. I can only assume that when
10 KDE started for the second time this mis-identification confused the hell out of
11 it and it took it out on the second desktop, the one connected to the Viper.
12
13 Now all I have to do is find a PCI card that works with other cards.
14
15 Stewart
16 --
17 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list