From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Need coaching with emerge failure logs (Understanting the problem)
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2017 17:32:43
1 Harry Putnam wrote:
2 >
3 > Just so you know... I did try that. [--color n] The resulting log
4 > looked exactly the same. I posted that fact in an earlier request for
5 > help a week or so ago in which I remarked how using the no-color
6 > emerge option didn't seem to make a bit of difference. I don't expect
7 > anyone would have noticed the comment... but it does seem a bit off
8 > that I see no differernce here. That is, no difference in the actual
9 > log emerge creates. I do see the difference in the terminal output.
14 I think it may be your PS1 variable that is broken. That is here for me
15 at least:
16
17 /etc/bash/bashrc
18
19 I think it can be in other places as well. If you recall changing the
20 setting, it should look something like this:
21
22 PS1+='\[\033[01;31m\]\u@\h \[\033[01;34m\]\w \$ \[\033[00m\]'
23
24 It may be that you are missing the ' on the end or some other character
25 is missing. If you copy mine, it will look like this:
26
27 root@fireball / #
28
29 Either way, you likely just have something missing or out of place and
30 it is throwing it off. Maybe this will help you fix it, maybe.
31
32 Dale
33