From: Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How can I re-read the "error" messages during boot?
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2011 14:23:03
1 On Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 21:06, Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > Pandu Poluan writes:
3 >
4 >> I rebooted a Gentoo system, and as I watched the boot-up messages,
5 >> some "error"s appeared when it's starting the services. However, the
6 >> screen scrolled too damn fast for me to read them.
7 >>
8 >> Where can I find the logs on the services?
9 >
10 > If you set rc_logger="YES" in /etc/rc.conf, you can find the boot log
11 > in /var/log/rc.log.
12 >
13 >> Or is there a way to slow down booting?
14 >
15 > Try pressing Ctrl-S to stop the output. Ctrl-Q to continue.
16 >
17 >        Wonko
21 Thanks, Alex & David.
22
23 Yeah, *just* noticed there's an 'rc_logger' setting in rc.conf, before
24 reading your emails :-P
25
26 But thanks for the help, anyways! Much appreciated :-)
27
28 Rgds,
29 --
30 FdS Pandu E Poluan