From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How can I re-read the "error" messages during boot?
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2011 14:08:05
1 Pandu Poluan writes:
2
3 > I rebooted a Gentoo system, and as I watched the boot-up messages,
4 > some "error"s appeared when it's starting the services. However, the
5 > screen scrolled too damn fast for me to read them.
6 >
7 > Where can I find the logs on the services?
8
9 If you set rc_logger="YES" in /etc/rc.conf, you can find the boot log
10 in /var/log/rc.log.
11
12 > Or is there a way to slow down booting?
13
14 Try pressing Ctrl-S to stop the output. Ctrl-Q to continue.
15
16 Wonko