From: 7v5w7go9ub0o <7v5w7go9ub0o@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Rootkit Hunter release 1.3.2
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 22:46:36
1 Florian Philipp wrote:
2 > On Sat, 2008-04-26 at 14:38 -0400, 7v5w7go9ub0o wrote:
3 >> (Portage is a little dated at 1.2.9)
4 >>
5 >> http://sourceforge.net/projects/rkhunter/
6 >
7 > Thanks for the info but this doesn't belong here. The proper thing to do
8 > would be to open a bug on http://bugs.gentoo.org and request a version
9 > bump.
10
11 Thanks for replying
12
13 I've tried bugs (under admin, iirc), and always get notes telling me
14 that my version info. post doesn't belong there, and deleting my
15 submission. If there is a category for version bumps, I haven't figure
16 it out.
17
18 I wasn't going to say anything (I love Gentoo and don't want to be a
19 complainer), but rtkthunter and chkrootkit are arguably important
20 packages for newbies like me.
21
22 (fwiw, I imagine that others, like me, have a few packages - especially
23 those linked to online activity, or security issues (e.g. maradns,
24 runit, rtkthunter, chkrootkit, vidalia, etc.) that are simply maintained
25 from source, hoping that portage someday catch up :-( )
28 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list