From: "W.Kenworthy" <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] making my own router
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2005 03:26:31
1 Unless its limiting you in some fashion, leave it there as an extra
2 layer of protection - dedicated HW firewalls are often more secure than
3 a general purpose machine, but lose out in the flexibility/functionality
4 stakes. You can also get funky and use the gentoo box to detect suspect
5 traffic, and then deny it by uploading the ACL deny to the firewall.
6
7 Personally, while I really like my gentoo firewall/gateway, I would love
8 to have this option to completely remove traffic I designate from
9 hitting the inner firewall at all. Make the most of it!
10
11 BillK
12