From: John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] problem getting wifi card to route to internet
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2020 10:56:36
1 On Sat, 25 Jul 2020 05:31:32 -0400,
2 Adam Carter wrote:
3 >
4 > [1 <text/plain; UTF-8 (quoted-printable)>]
5 > On Saturday, July 25, 2020, John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com> wrote:
6 >
7 > > Hi. This is not strictly a gentoo problem, but I would like advise
8 > > from people on how to get my wifi card to see the internet.
9 > >
10 > > On my new box I have the following card:
11 > > 00:14.3 Network controller: Intel Corporation Wireless-AC 9560
12 > > [Jefferson Peak] (rev 10)
13 > > Subsystem: Intel Corporation Wireless-AC 9560 [Jefferson Peak]
14 > > Kernel driver in use: iwlwifi
15 > >
16 > > Now, I wanted to serve other computers with this device
19 > Have you set the default route and enabled ip forwarding?
20 >
21 > Also you don¢t need to add a route for connected interfaces
22 Thanks for your quick response. Packet forwarding is enabled and I am
23 using shorewall to have normal firewall settings.
27 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
28 How do
29 you spend it?
30
31 John Covici wb2una