From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Testing a used hard drive to make SURE it is good.
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2020 08:29:37
1 On Tue, 16 Jun 2020 02:34:55 -0500, Dale wrote:
2
3 > Even if I build a NAS setup, I still need a backup arrangement.  Even if
4 > I have a RAID setup, still need backups.  It gets complicated for sure.
5 > Sort of expensive too.  Just imagine if my DSL was 10 times faster.
6 > O_O  I'd need to order drives by the case.
7
8 Not necessarily, if the files are going to remain available online, you
9 only need to back up the URLs. Downloading again could well be faster
10 than restoring from backups.
14 Neil Bothwick
15
16 Always proofread carefully to see if you any words out.