From: Melleus <melleus@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Connman refuses to work
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2018 15:39:51
1 Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> writes:
2
3 > On Sat, Jan 6, 2018 at 7:33 AM, Melleus <melleus@×××××××××××.org> wrote:
4 >> After last system update my connman refuses to work. It throws a
5 >> message:
6 >> The name net.connman was not provided by any .service files
7 >>
8 >> There is connman service installed in default runlevel. Connman version
9 >> is 1.29. I had not changed any configuration file before it stopped
10 >> working. I suspect that this is somehow tied with the questionable
11 >> design of the softwares related to systemd (I moved to Gentoo with
12 >> OpenRC to escape from systemd intervention). But I cannot really
13 >> understand what is happening. Does anybody have similar problem? How to
14 >> solve it?
15 >
16 > What service manager are you actually using? Are you actually booted
17 > using openrc, or systemd?
18
19 I use openrc. Connman pretends to start, but when checking its status with:
20
21 /etc/init.d/connman status
22
23 I get
24
25 * status: crashed
26
27 message. So for some unclear reason it cannot start properly.