From: Tom Smith <tom71713-gentoo52478932@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] QEMU opinions...
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 16:56:19
1 Thank you for the input, Andrew.
2
3 A VNC session starts its programs (including the Desktop, session
4 managers, etc) from ~/.vnc/xstartup. Currently, the following is what my
5 users' xstartup contains:
6
7 ~/.vnc/xstartup:
8 #! /bin/sh
9 win --fwin &
10
11 Win4Lin actually acts as the X desktop so the users never the *nix side
12 of things. This is a good thing as helps dumbify things for otherwise
13 Linux-unsavvy users. I wouldn't consider this to be a QEMU deal breaker,
14 it would just be a nice feature--one that I haven't seen any options for
15 or information about on the QEMU web site.
16
17 At present, I'd probably just start the window manager (WindowMaker) and
18 have the user click on an icon to start QEMU... Or something like that.
19 I haven't played with QEMU yet to determine what's viable and what's
20 not--but the main thing is that it has to be easy to use, so I have to
21 hide all the technical and CLI stuff from the users.
22
23 Andrew Frink wrote:
24
25 >Tom,
26 > I hacked that in by putting qemu in ~/.xinitrc so when the user does
27 >startx thats what they get. i believe that vnc uses the same file to figure
28 >out what to run after X
29 >Cynyr.
30 >