From: Andrew Frink <andrew.frink@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] QEMU opinions...
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 16:29:28
1 Tom,
2 I hacked that in by putting qemu in ~/.xinitrc so when the user does
3 startx thats what they get. i believe that vnc uses the same file to figure
4 out what to run after X
5 Cynyr.
6
7 On 1/11/06, Tom Smith <tom71713-gentoo52478932@×××××.com> wrote:
8 >
9 > Excellent! Sounds like everyone likes QEMU, so I'm definitely going to
10 > give it a shot.
11 >
12 > One other question... With Win4Lin, for example, one can start the
13 > Windows session in lieu of an X session--so all the user sees is
14 > Windows. My users will be accessing the server via VNC so this feature
15 > of Win4Lin works out pretty well. Does QEMU support anything like this
16 > or does it need to be run from within an X session?
17 >
18 > Thanks again to everyone for their opinion of QEMU!
19 >
20 > ~ Tom
21 >
22 > Tom Smith wrote:
23 >
24 > >Hi all,
25 > >
26 > >I've been using Win4Lin TS 3.0 for some time to server Win98SE to five
27 > >remote users for legacy application support.
28 > >
29 > >I'm currently testing the recently released Win4Lin Pro TS server
30 > >running Win2k as an intended replacement for the old TS server. This is
31 > >where I came across QEMU...
32 > >
33 > >QEMU appears to have functionality similar to VMWare (I haven't tried it
34 > >yet). I'm curious to here other Gentoo users' experience with this
35 > >software. I will be using in a production environment so stability and
36 > >uptime are very important, as are reasonable performance.
37 > >
38 > >I would very much appreciate any feedback you all can give me about your
39 > >experience with QEMU.
40 > >
41 > >Best Wishes,
42 > >
43 > >Tom
46 > --
47 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
53 if you are tired of virii look at http://fedora.redhat.com/
54 and for those of you still using AOL's messanger
55 try out http://gaim.sf.net/... and for photoshop see http://www.gimp.org
56 use http://www.gimp.org/