From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Corrupted font in gtk apps.
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2012 17:14:23
1 On 01/27/2012 04:23 AM, Robert David wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > after recent update I encountered a problem with fonts. They looks ugly
5 > and somehow corrupted. I see that in gtk apps I use, but maybe it is
6 > also in other apps.
7
8 I don't have that problem now but when I've seen it in the past it was
9 because Xorg wasn't finding all of the installed fonts for some reason.
10
11 There may be easier ways to diagnose the problem but I always use the
12 very old x11-apps/xfontsel, which at least will let you know for sure
13 which fonts Xorg is actually seeing, if not the reason for the problem.