From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is Gentoo dead?
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2020 19:10:50
1 On Tue, 21 Apr 2020 21:33:17 +0300, Consus wrote:
2
3 > Still you have to manually configure things. And I know that Gentoo is
4 > about choice, but configuring kernel is hard.
5
6 No it's not. It may be time consuming, especially the first time, but it
7 is not difficult because the handbook explains it well. It's pretty much
8 a once only job too as once you have a working config you can use it as
9 the base for all upgrades.
10
11 Of course, if you don't want to do it yourself, there are alternatives,
12 like genkernel.
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 I don't have any solution, but I certainly admire the problem.