From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can't boot btrfs
Date: Sat, 01 Aug 2015 06:05:10
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Fri, 31 Jul 2015 13:53:42 -0500, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> This may not be related but thought I would mention. For some reason,
5 >> my system will not boot a kernel newer than 3.18.7. I use
6 >> gentoo-sources and generally use make oldconfig. I have also tried the
7 >> new 4.0 kernels as well. They try to boot but don't make it past the
8 >> kernel trying to do its thing. I don't reboot often so I have not had
9 >> the chance to figure out exactly why this is happening. Recently I had
10 >> to start using that pesky init thingy but I don't think that is causing
11 >> the problem. I get a error/panic and then it says it is going to
12 >> reboot in 10 seconds. By the time I figure out where the failure might
13 >> be, it reboots itself.
14 > The reboot after a panic is a kernel option. You can turn it off or
15 > lengthen the delay to give yourself time to read the message.
16 >
17 > The option is CONFIG_PANIC_TIMEOUT.
21 I thought it was a option but couldn't recall what it was called. The
22 biggest thing is I don't reboot very often which makes it harder to
23 diagnose a kernel problem. My biggest reason for a reboot/shutdown,
24 power failure and batteries are getting a bit low.
25
26 Thanks for the info. I'll go do something about that so that I have it
27 when I reboot several months from now and have forgot all about this
28 problem. lol
29
30 Dale
31