From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can't boot btrfs
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2015 21:26:54
1 On Fri, 31 Jul 2015 13:53:42 -0500, Dale wrote:
2
3 > This may not be related but thought I would mention. For some reason,
4 > my system will not boot a kernel newer than 3.18.7. I use
5 > gentoo-sources and generally use make oldconfig. I have also tried the
6 > new 4.0 kernels as well. They try to boot but don't make it past the
7 > kernel trying to do its thing. I don't reboot often so I have not had
8 > the chance to figure out exactly why this is happening. Recently I had
9 > to start using that pesky init thingy but I don't think that is causing
10 > the problem. I get a error/panic and then it says it is going to
11 > reboot in 10 seconds. By the time I figure out where the failure might
12 > be, it reboots itself.
13
14 The reboot after a panic is a kernel option. You can turn it off or
15 lengthen the delay to give yourself time to read the message.
16
17 The option is CONFIG_PANIC_TIMEOUT.
21 Neil Bothwick
22
23 "There are no stupid questions, just too many inquisitive idiots."