From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] managing files in /usr/portage/packages/
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 01:06:05
1 Philip Webb wrote:
2 > Besides having rescue instances of system pkgs in /usr/portage/packages ,
3 > I also try to remember to keep a quickpkg of LibreOffice there too.
4 > Creating these files is easy, but is there an approved way of managing them,
5 > esp of deleting obsolete versions, beyond a simple 'rm' ?
6 > I notice there's a log file 'Packages' in the dir,
7 > which suggests there sb some method of removing unwanted ones.
11 man eclean. The exact thing you want is eclean-pkg but this can also
12 manage your distfiles too.
13
14 Dale
15
19 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or
20 how you interpreted my words!
21
22 Miss the compile output? Hint:
23 EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"