From: "»Q«" <boxcars@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: managing files in /usr/portage/packages/
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 03:25:15
1 On Sun, 22 Jan 2012 19:04:48 -0600
2 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Philip Webb wrote:
5 > > Besides having rescue instances of system pkgs
6 > > in /usr/portage/packages , I also try to remember to keep a
7 > > quickpkg of LibreOffice there too. Creating these files is easy,
8 > > but is there an approved way of managing them, esp of deleting
9 > > obsolete versions, beyond a simple 'rm' ? I notice there's a log
10 > > file 'Packages' in the dir, which suggests there sb some method of
11 > > removing unwanted ones.
12 >
13 > man eclean. The exact thing you want is eclean-pkg but this can also
14 > manage your distfiles too.
15
16 or
17