From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kdelibs again: 'moc' & USE flags ?
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2006 22:12:39
1 On 7/3/06, Philip Webb <purslow@×××××××××.ca> wrote:
2 > FEATURES="autoconfig confcache distlocks metadata-transfer sandbox sfperms strict userpriv"
3
4 Hrm, confcache has also been known to cause strange problems, and in
5 fact is currently package.mask'ed.
6
7 Can you try "FEATURES=-confcache emerge --oneshot kdelibs"?
8
9 > (3) I still don't know what "moc" means: can you/anyone explain ?
10
11 I forget what the acronym means (meta-object compiler?), but it is
12 basically how Qt (and thus KDE) apps convert their user interface
13 files into .h and .cpp sources. The idea is that moc is run against a
14 .ui file, which generates corresponding .h and .cpp sources, which are
15 then compiled with gcc.
16
17 Thus, in a parallel make, another thread could try to use the .h and
18 .cpp files generated by moc before moc has finished with them, leading
19 to missing files or undefined type errors.
20
21 -Richard
22 --
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list