From: Philip Webb <purslow@×××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kdelibs again: 'moc' & USE flags ?
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2006 08:13:14
1 060703 Richard Fish wrote:
2 > On 7/3/06, Philip Webb <purslow@×××××××××.ca> wrote:
3 >> FEATURES=" ... confcache ... "
4 > confcache has also been known to cause strange problems
5 > and in fact is currently package.mask'ed.
6
7 Yes, as I now notice: it was "testing" when I set it up a few days ago.
8 Thanks (and to the other 2 respondents) for pointing this out.
9
10 >> I still don't know what "moc" means: can you/anyone explain ?
11 > I forget what the acronym means (meta-object compiler?),
12 > but it is how Qt and thus KDE apps convert their user interface files
13 > into .h and .cpp sources. The idea is that moc is run against a .ui file,
14 > which generates corresponding .h and .cpp sources,
15 > which are then compiled with gcc. Thus in a parallel make,
16 > another thread could try to use the .h and .cpp files generated by moc
17 > before moc has finished with them,
18 > leading to missing files or undefined type errors.
19
20 Thanks for this partial enlightenment: I will file it away.
21
22 So having dropped Confcache, I'll try the whole exercise again.
26 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb : purslow@××××××××××××××.ca
27 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Centre for Urban & Community Studies
28 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' University of Toronto
29 --
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list