From: Etaoin Shrdlu <shrdlu@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] File replication
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 11:23:52
1 On Sunday 27 August 2006 12:20, Stephen Liu wrote:
2
3 > Mounted inside the USB enclosure is a HD. I'll use old HD for this
4 > purpose. Frequently I work on at least 2 PCs running different Linux
5 > OS. With such a device, USB enclosure, it'll ease my work on
6 > consolidating the working data on 2 PCs. Otherwise I have to use a
7 > pendrive for tranporting working data between 2 PCs. OR compressing
8 > them as tarball and send the latter as attachment to an email.
9
10 If you have networking, why not set up a network share of some kind (nfs,
11 smb, or even ssh via shfs) and mount it (under the same path) from each
12 computer you work on? This avoid having to replicate data and, with
13 decent network speed, is nearly as fast as disk I/O.
14 --
15 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list