From: Stephen Liu <satimis@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] File replication
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 10:24:25
1 Hi Neil,
2
3 > Do you really need such frequent syncing? Bear in mind the limited
4 > write
5 > lifespan of flash memory, if you have a file in your home directory
6 > that
7 > is frequently updated, you could wear out the memory in a short time.
8 > what's wrong with using a script that syncs your hard disk with the
9 > flash drive before unmounting it?
10
11 Mounted inside the USB enclosure is a HD. I'll use old HD for this
12 purpose. Frequently I work on at least 2 PCs running different Linux
13 OS. With such a device, USB enclosure, it'll ease my work on
14 consolidating the working data on 2 PCs. Otherwise I have to use a
15 pendrive for tranporting working data between 2 PCs. OR compressing
16 them as tarball and send the latter as attachment to an email.
17
18 Tks
19
20 B.R.