From: Peter Alfredsen <peter.alfredsen@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problems after long-due emerge -uDN world
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 19:46:14
1 On Thursday 11 October 2007, Henk Boom wrote:
2
3 > First, my alt key seems not to work properly. It works fine in regular
4 > programs (e.g. alt-f in firefox pulls down the file menu properly),
5 > but not for wm or X-related things. For example, I can no longer use
6 > ctrl-alt-fx to change to a VT from with X.
7
8 Just FYI, I had the same problem. For inexplicable reasons, it disappeared
9 when I configured the keyboard layout ONLY through xorg.conf, disabling all
10 keyboard layout functionality in KDE Control Center. For some reason,
11 CTRL+ALT+Fn only displayed the letter V when I pressed them in Konsole.
14 /PA
15 --
16 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list