From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: python mess - random winge!
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2022 16:25:03
1 On 2022-07-05, William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au> wrote:
2
3 > I synced portage a couple of days now and now my systems are rebuilding
4 > python modules for 3.10 without any input from me [...]
5
6 Every time there's a Python upgrade like this, it turns into a bit of
7 an ordeal because I always have a small handful of packages that don't
8 support the newer version.
9
10 The news item offers no advice on what to do in this situation other
11 than completely postponing the upgrade of everything (which doesn't
12 seem like the best choice.)
13
14 It would be nice if the news item explained how to let the upgrade
15 procede while holding back a few packages.
16
17 Can you set 3_9 and 3_10 globally, and then disable 3_10 for a few
18 individual packages that can't be built with 3_10?
21 Grant