From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Extraordinarily laggy UI, keyboard, udev weirdness, KDE 4.5
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 17:04:08
1 Hi, I recently upgraded my kernel to 2.6.35.1 and my KDE to 4.5. After
2 rebooting, I have some weird, possibly unrelated issues:
3
4 During bootup, boot process hangs on "waiting for uevents" for ~30
5 seconds or so. I don't remember this ever happening before. As far as
6 I can tell everything still works fine, it just delays the boot
7 process a lot.
8
9 In X the UI responsiveness randomly goes bad, keyboard especially. At
10 first it'll be fine, then simply using Konsole and typing will begin
11 to slow down. Also, screen output in general seems to freeze until I
12 touch the mouse or keyboard. Even something like listing a directory.
13 It's really weird... It gets so bad that it becomes completely
14 unresponsive, freezing for minutes at a tie. It eventually un-freezes
15 momentarily, long enough to logout and back in at least. I disabled
16 desktop effects but it still had the same problem. I tried Gnome
17 briefly last night before going to sleep and didn't experience this
18 slowdown problem.
19
20 Anyone else had those same problems or know what I might try? I'm
21 using nvidia-drivers and tried 3 different versions with no success. I
22 have not yet tried downgrading my kernel or KDE installation, but
23 that's next on the list of things to try tonight.