From: "Dustin C. Hatch" <admiralnemo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] broadcom-sta and the 3.6.x kernel
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2012 15:31:49
1 On 12/4/2012 06:11, Florian Philipp wrote:
2 >
3 > Do you actually need broadcom-sta anymore? With the recent kernel
4 > updates more chips work with the in-kernel driver (brcmsmac). But the
5 > config option is well hidden (you need to enable BCMA to even see it).
6 >
7 Yes, I initially tried the b43 driver, which worked, but consistently
8 dropped about 5-15% of packets, making it mostly unusable. I also tried
9 bcrmsmac and bcrmfmac, and neither of them supported my card (432b).
10 Unfortunately, I can't get a different card, either, because I my
11 notebook has a "whitelist" of supported devices in the BIOS, and it
12 won't even boot with a mini-pci-e card installed that isn't in that
13 list. Thanks, HP :(
14
15 Regards,
18 ♫Dustin